Table of Contents
What Are Fleas?
The flea is a parasitic insect that feeds on blood meals. Fleas are commonly found in animal fur by owners. However, they can be found indoors in animal bedding, carpet fibers, stuffed animals, upholstery, and drapery and outdoors in grass, debris, sand, and shrubs. These nuisance pests are always targeting their prey because there is nothing to stop them. Unless more public awareness is initiated, the flea population in Philadelphia will double, triple, or quadruple within the next few years. Everyone can get involved in this initiative to drive down the flea population before it gets out of control.
Common Flea Species In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Flea sightings have skyrocketed in Pennsylvania over the last 12 months, with the majority coming in during the fall and winter seasons. There is a reason for concern among the many pet and property owners in the city and surrounding areas. The most prevalent species of ants in Pennsylvania is the cat flea. Do not be fooled by the name because cat fleas target various breeds of animals, not just felines. The cat flea (Ctenocephalides felis) measures up to 1/8” in length, six legs, and a flat body that ranges between dark red, dark brown, and reddish/brown. As mentioned previously, fleas target various animal breeds, such as the skunk, fox, deer, opossum, squirrel, ferret, goat, and pony. In addition to these animal species, the parakeet, duct, and goose are preyed upon by the flea species.
How Do I Identify The Flea Bite?
Like most insect bites, the flea bite begins as a tiny red bump, growing into a raised red bump or pustule. While one fleabite may go unnoticed, but a handful would cause significant discomfort. In addition to the visible signs of a flea bite, visible signs like itching and stinging are very common. Flea bites have been linked to tapeworm infestations in animals and humans, with the former reporting more cases than the latter.
What Steps Should I Take To Protect My Pets And Home From Fleas Infestations?
Anyone who knows anything about fleas knows pest control management is crucial for population management. In fact, experts believe the prevention side of extermination is more achievable than extermination. With a few household changes, it is possible to keep fleas at bay. Extermination, on the other hand, requires a much stronger approach. Philadelphia residents need to decide which route they want to take because the increasing flea sighting in the city is drawing concern in the pest control market. There is no time like now to develop and implement a doable, realistic pest control strategy. To help jumpstart your effort, a list is provided in the content below.
- Consider your situation before adopting a pet. If the resources are not available, it may be in your best interest to delay a pet adoption for now.
- Treat pets regularly with anti-flea and -tick medicine that can be purchased at any pet shop or retail store.
- Keep your lawn mowed, maintaining grass at three inches or lower to minimize the humidity levels at the ground floor
- Install signs along the perimeter of your property to discourage family, friends, and neighbors from feeding the wildlife
- Install fencing or another type of barrier around low decks and porches to keep wildlife and strays out
- Develop a pet bedding cleaning schedule to ensure flea infestations are detected in the early phase of development. We recommend utilizing a flashlight and magnifying glass for better visibility. Look for flea larvae, eggs, and what experts have deemed “flea dirt.”
- Create a realistic home cleaning schedule, encouraging every member of the household to get involved. If fleas have already infiltrated your home, vacuuming will capture larvae and eggs in the early life cycle. This will help fight against an infestation.
Unfortunately, no flea management solution will offer 100 percent effectiveness. However, it is possible to maximize the outcome by integrating the above tips into your existing flea control plan. It is also recommended to monitor the progress of your flea control strategy. If it is not delivering desirable results, tweaking is in order. For example, a flea management plan is failing to deter fleas from targeting a family’s pet. Ask yourself, what can I do to improve my flea deterrence strategy. First of all, you can embed anti-parasite medicine in your existing plan.
Everything You Need To Know About Our Philadelphia Flea Control Services
With the summer seasons here in the Philadelphia area, there is a good chance that you and your pets are going to be dealing with fleas before you know it. It just seems like the insects are swarming to the area as of late. Maybe it has something to do with global warming. Whatever the situation is, this is just one of the many reasons why you need a good pest control company on hand at all times. We want you to know that we are just a phone call away whenever you need help combating a flea infestation.
Licensed And Insured
It should go without saying that anytime you are hiring a pest control company, you want to make sure they are licensed and insured. In fact, an individual without a license cannot purchase the necessary chemicals required to kill fleas. Not only are we licensed and insured, but also we make sure that our techs are certified. While these certifications aren’t legally necessary, they give us the assurances that our techs possess the knowledge and abilities to properly do the job.
We Work For You
We are locally based with a large team of employees, so when it comes to scheduling we are pretty lenient. We are always willing to work around your busy schedule. Whether you need us to show up on a weekend, in the morning, or in the afternoon, we are willing to adapt to your schedule. We also have extremely quick response times and a guarantee of same-day service.
Backed With Guarantees And Warranties
When you invest in our services, you can rest assured that you are getting your money’s worth. All our work is backed by written guarantees and warranties. At anytime if you feel like we didn’t do our job or you are not happy with the services, we are under written contract to came back out to your home and rectify the situation.
More You Need To Know
Fleas produce fairly quickly, so a delay in seeking extermination services will only compromise things for you and your family. Remember, we offer same-day in-home inspections to all Philadelphians.
- Our techs are professional and friendly
- We arrive in company uniforms with identification
- We services homes and offices
- Out techs pass useful knowledge on to homeowners
- Our techs are retrained and qualified every year
- We offer the most affordable prices in the area
- We utilize the latest technology
Call Us Now
We always have someone standing by ready to assist you. If you need a quote or just have a simple question you should always feel free to reach out to our friendly and helpful staff.